[oi-dev] OI no longer automounts USB sticks

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 25 15:30:13 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jun 06, 2021 at 09:49:58PM +0200, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:

> service/hal is delivered by illumos-gate

Well, hal seemed to be a good lead, but turned out to be another dead
end.

Curiously, there seem to be many versions of the hal package in OI.
The range is enormous.  I wonder why there are so many?  The ones in
my recent BEs are service/hal at 0.5.11-2020.0.1.20171 and
service/hal at 0.5.11-2020.0.1.20514 .

At the moment, I've run out of leads.  All that I know is that a BE
dated 2021-05-15 has this problem but a BE dated 2020-11-27 does not
have it.

Of course, if you don't use USB sticks, and don't disconnect your USB
mouse or keyboard, you will never experience the problem.