[oi-dev] OI no longer automounts USB sticks

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Sun Jun 27 11:14:35 UTC 2021

Am 27.06.21 um 11:50 schrieb stes at PANDORA.BE:
> ----- Op 27 jun 2021 om 10:55 schreef Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de:
>
>> And I am only able to do limited
>> manual tests, because I have lots of other things I want to do.
>> I only use USB sticks very rarely and while I do change my mouse or
>> keyboard from time to time, it hasn't been on my test scenarios in the past.
>> So problems like this will only be detected long after they have been
>> introduced.
>>
>> I'd appreciate if we could find some volunteers for tests and would even
>> more appreciate if you could find somebody starting to create automatic
>> tests.
>
> The best testing is desktop users of OpenIndiana.
>
> I like the 2021.04 release of OI, this is a great piece of work, and this release works well on my PC
> (thanks for the work on it).
>
> Regarding the USB automount, I can personally live with the workaround of manual mount.
> Automount would be nice so if it gets fixed all the better.
>
> David Stes

While I understand your point of view you should be aware that if I
continue to update things without proper testing more and more things
will break.
At some point in time I will break things you rely on and then your
unhappiness will begin.

We are a very small community and if I cannot convince more people to
help out, OI will either become outdated in more and more areas
or it will be more and more buggy. And probably both.

I didn't find the problem earlier because of how I use OI. I don't use
many things that I have been working on in the past. I will probably
stop that,
because I am running out of time. If I have to care for everything I
will not be able to do anything in the end.

Regards