[oi-dev] OI no longer automounts USB sticks

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Mon Jun 28 05:40:56 UTC 2021

On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 at 21:30, Tony Brian Albers <tba at kb.dk> wrote:
> I was trying to use a KVM switch the other day, and I suppose this issue
> is why I had to force a shutdown(power btn) of OI every time I had
> switched to another machine and back again. Mouse and keyboard were
> unresponsive but powered up.
>
> Potentially this is  a lot worse than automounting of usb devices not
> working IMO.

At a cursory glance, it appears to be the same problem.  I plugged a
keyboard in to the machine while doing the same tracing as before, and
I see these sysevents:

    EC_devfs ESC_devfs_devi_add /pci at 0,0/pci8086,2064 at 14/device at 1

    EC_devfs ESC_devfs_devi_add /pci at 0,0/pci8086,2064 at 14/device at 1/keyboard at 0

    EC_devfs ESC_devfs_devi_add /pci at 0,0/pci8086,2064 at 14/device at 1/input at 1

I believe, if these were correctly received through the glib
GIOChannel, these would end up calling into devinfo_usb_add() which
would look at the driver, find that it was "hid", and then call
devinfo_usb_input_add() to notify HAL consumers that there are new
input devices.

If someone fixes the glib channel issue, I would imagine keyboard and
mouse hotplug under X11 would also start working again.

Cheers.

--
Joshua M. Clulow
http://blog.sysmgr.org