[oi-dev] dmidecode package

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Mon Jun 28 17:06:01 UTC 2021

In order to fix DDU (Device Detection Utility) for the Dell Precision workstation,
and possibly for other computers with UEFI, perhaps dmidecode could be packaged.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/dmidecode/

This dmidecode utility compiles without problems and it works for me.

It supports UEFI and their support for UEFI seems to work on OpenIndiana.

Once dmidecode is packaged, the DDU probe script could use dmidecode,
instead of dmi_info.

I'm not familiar enough with DDU nor dmidecode to see whether this is a good idea,
but it could work I guess.

David Stes