[oi-dev] OI no longer automounts USB sticks

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Tue Jun 29 15:55:49 UTC 2021

When I initially said that I could reproduce the problem,
(I am testing on this completely new 2021.04 system)
I didn't check that rmvolmgr was enabled.

I should have verified that to begin with ...

I can still reproduce the problem that you reported,
but for example with an old Olympus camera SmartMedia card reader,
it is automounted fine as follows:

# svcadm restart hal
# svcadm restart rmvolmgr

# eject -l
/dev/dsk/c4t1d0s2    cdrom,cdrom0,cd,cd0,sr,sr0
/dev/dsk/c6t0d0p0:1  rmdisk4,USBSLACK,/media/USBSLACK
/dev/dsk/c5t0d1p0:1  rmdisk1,/media/2.0 Reader-SM-xD

Of course restarting should not be necessary but this is a workaround.

David Stes