[oi-dev] No module named 'pkg'

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Fri Mar 5 17:40:12 UTC 2021

As Till Wegmueller already said, the IPS package manager itself is at
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/pkg5 - so in its own github repository.

> what to do to migrate userland for SPARC
> from python2.7 to python3.5

Have you migrated pkg5 already to python 3.5 ?

If I'm not mistaken,

  pkg contents pkg | grep vendor-packages

will show that 'pkg' (the package 'pkg') delivers a bunch of vendor-packages/pkg files,
which I think is the module 'pkg' it is trying to find in vendor-packages.

However I must add that I've never built 'pkg5' itself so this is just what I think when reading the error messages.