[oi-dev] Latest ksh93 changes in illumos-gate have impacts on REQUIRED_PACKAGES

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Sat Mar 27 16:59:32 UTC 2021

Am 27.03.21 um 16:59 schrieb stes at PANDORA.BE:
> The shared-macros.mk in oi-userland/make-rules could do:
>
> shared-macros.mk:REQUIRED_PACKAGES += shell/ksh93
>
> where it is currently doing
>
> shared-macros.mk:REQUIRED_PACKAGES += SUNWcs
>
> Currently on an older OpenIndiana system I have:
>
> $ pkg search /usr/bin/sh
> INDEX      ACTION VALUE      PACKAGE
> path       link   usr/bin/sh pkg:/SUNWcs at 0.5.11-2020.0.1.20038
> path       link   usr/bin/sh pkg:/shell/ksh93 at 93.21.1.20120801-2020.0.1.20424
>
> $ ls -l /bin/sh
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           9 Sep 16  2020 /bin/sh -> i86/ksh93
>
> So if a component provides a script with /bin/sh it requires either SUNWcs or shell/ksh93.
>
> But the oi-userland/make-rules/shared-macros.mk modification could perhaps deal with most cases.
You are right. But probobly I wasn't explicit enough: The main question
is how to deal with
the situation. Changing so many packages would take some time and occupy
the build server for a while.
So maybe it would be better to update the build server to the latest
osnet-incorporation now
and change package dependencies when needed, eg. when we touch a package
anyways.
But that would also render some (all?) actual PR's buggy and they have
to be redone.