[oi-dev] Latest ksh93 changes in illumos-gate have impacts on REQUIRED_PACKAGES

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Sat Mar 27 20:50:56 UTC 2021

Am 27.03.21 um 19:51 schrieb Tim Mooney via oi-dev:
> In regard to: Re: [oi-dev] Latest ksh93 changes in illumos-gate have...:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 09:41:12AM +0100, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:
>>
>>> illumos-gate has recently merged the following changes
>>>     2755 split ksh93 from core package
>>>     13460 ksh93 tests should be moved out of usr/demo
>>>     518 ksh documentation should be moved out of SUNWcsr
>>>
>>> This has impacts on our REQUIRED_PACKAGES settings for many packages.
>>> Most, if not all occurrences of
>>>     REQUIRED_PACKAGES += SUNWcs
>>> need to be replaced by
>>>     REQUIRED_PACKAGES += shell/ksh93
>>
>> Is that really true?  I would have thought that all products would
>> require SUNWcs, but only ones that included ksh scripts would require
>> shell/ksh93 .
>
> +1, I was trying to make the same point in the email I just sent.
>
> I don't think *any* SUNWcs should be replaced.  I think shell/ksh93
> should be *added* in some places.
gmake REQUIRED_PACKAGES automatically detects most of the dependencies
automatically.
If we update the build server to an osnet version with split ksh93
publishing packages with missing ksh93 dependency will fail.
You can check this on your own system (if updated recently): try to
publish network/bind