[oi-dev] OI Foundation

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 20:25:56 UTC 2021

Do we need an OI specific organization? Why could this not be handled by the existing Illumos Foundation? That was what I was going to propose. We're using the same base OS. So far as I know, OI just adds GUI support. So having the Illumos Foundation simply maintain a ledger entry for OI specific financial contributions and disburse them seems much lower cost.

Another foundation is immediately burdened by the cost of tax preparation among other things.

Reg