[oi-dev] gstreamer1 and OpenGL/EGL

John Howard echosoft.llc at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 01:48:15 UTC 2021

I object to including codecs that cannot be used by all end users on the
desktop PC.  Servers are a different category because their operators can
afford to pay for their own business policy.

I used to monitor gstreamer changes until about four years ago.  They were
dropping Sun Au container and Dirac video codec and CELT audio codec.  In
my opinion, their other codecs and containers are a waste of time without
specialized hardware implementations.

Do what you want for OI.  I am building my own system.