[oi-dev] PARI/GP for OpenIndiana

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sun Nov 21 16:25:06 UTC 2021

I'm submitting a package for Computer Algebra and (advanced) mathematics called PARI/GP.

$ pkg list pari
NAME (PUBLISHER)                                  VERSION                    IFO
library/math/pari (userland)                      2.13.3-2020.0.1.0          i--

This is a 64bit version without documentation (which depends on TeX I believe),
but the documentation is online at the University of Bordeaux, France:

$ pkg info pari
             Name: library/math/pari
         Category: Development/Other Languages
            State: Installed
        Publisher: userland
          Version: 2.13.3
           Branch: 2020.0.1.0
   Packaging Date: November 21, 2021 at 03:07:00 PM
Last Install Time: November 21, 2021 at 03:08:26 PM
             Size: 12.10 MB
             FMRI: pkg://userland/library/math/pari@2.13.3-2020.0.1.0:20211121T150700Z
      Project URL: https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr
       Source URL: https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/unix/pari-2.13.3.tar.gz

The command to start PARI is "gp".

PARI is actually also a C library "libpari" + gp their interactive shell, + GP their scripting language and gp2c a compiler from GP to C.

Hopefully this can be added to OpenIndiana as 'end user application software' of interest.

I did not check with the PARI group at Bordeaux yet, but because this is GPLv2 software,
I think they will not mind.

If there is an OK from the OpenIndiana team, I'll ask the PARI developers.

Regards,
David Stes