[oi-dev] More on USB failure to automount

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sun Oct 10 11:42:43 UTC 2021

----- Op 10 okt 2021 om 10:33 schreef Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de:

> Hi, are there any news about this bug and its fix?

With the latest osnet-incorporation of

           Branch: 2020.0.1.20719
   Packaging Date: Sat Oct  9 01:15:14 2021

when I plug in a USB key nothing happens.

I have noticed that although that I'm sure I enabled it last time,
meanwhile rmvolmgr is disabled again:

#  svcs -a | grep rmvol
disabled       12:47:26 svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr:default

Maybe this is related to the manifest:

        <create_default_instance enabled='false' />

but on the other hand it seems something disables the existing rmvolmgr:default instance.

After

# svcadm restart hal
# svcadm enable rmvolmgr

the automount of the USB key works fine:

# eject -l
/dev/dsk/c4t1d0s2    cdrom,cdrom0,cd,cd0,sr,sr0
/dev/dsk/c5t0d0p0:1  rmdisk,rmdisk0,USBSLACK,/media/USBSLACK

David Stes