[oi-dev] what target creates $(WS_TOP)/archives ?

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Oct 23 16:42:19 UTC 2021

> Perhaps if you try a oi-userland from a few weeks ago (or months) it can be
> reproduced that "gmake setup" used to create the archives directory.

I just tried this myself and there is a difference but I incorrectly stated that 'gmake setup' was creating the archives directory.

What seems to explain the difference (in the past the archives directory did not have to manually created) is that if I clone oi-userland it does not contain an archives directory any longer but it seems that if I checkout to a commit from a few weeks ago, there was an archives directory :

$ git checkout 147934d8c
Note: switching to '147934d8c'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state.
HEAD is now at 147934d8c squeak-4: update to 4.19.6
$ ls -ld archives
drwxr-xr-x   2 stes     staff          3 Oct 23 17:27 archives

$ git checkout oi/hipster
Previous HEAD position was 147934d8c squeak-4: update to 4.19.6
Switched to branch 'oi/hipster'
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/oi/hipster'.

$ ls -ld archives
archives: No such file or directory

So perhaps older versions of oi-userland had an archives directory and this was perhaps removed.

David Stes