[oi-dev] crypto/ca-certificates

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Thu Oct 28 16:56:35 UTC 2021

I tested building a 3.72 package but that also does not solve the problem.

$ pkgrepo -s i386/repo/ list
PUBLISHER NAME                                          O VERSION
userland  crypto/ca-certificates                          3.72-2020.0.1.0:20211028T165026Z

The problem remains for both 3.71 and 3.72 that

$ pkg contents ca-certificates | grep DST
etc/certs/CA/DST_Root_CA_X3.pem

So the expired certificate remains in the package.

I am not certain how this should be solved.

https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2021/09/13/LetsEncryptRootCertExpire/

is clear about several ways to fix it on a client machine.

Perhaps escalating / providing a patch "upstream" to the source of those root certificates ??

Regards,
David Stes