[oi-dev] gstreamer1 and OpenGL/EGL

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Sun Oct 31 21:46:00 UTC 2021

In regard to: Re: [oi-dev] gstreamer1 and OpenGL/EGL, Alan Coopersmith said...:

> On 10/27/21 2:50 PM, Gary Mills wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 02:44:25PM -0500, Tim Mooney via oi-dev wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm working my way through updating the gstreamer1 components to the
>>> latest version (1.16.2 -> 1.18.5).  They've switched from autoconf to
>>> meson, so the biggest hurdle has been converting the Makefile to use
>>> the new configuration options.
>>
>> Meson is somewhat broken, except when Unix=Linux.  It also does not
>> work well for 32 and 64-bit builds.  One solution is to omit the
>> 32-bit build.  If it's really needed, you must find another solution.
>
> Meson has been working pretty well for us for building GNOME & X.Org
> packages on Solaris 11.4, though admittedly we are phasing out 32-bit
> builds and do carry an extra patch we've never upstreamed to help with
> things:
>
> https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/blob/master/components/python/meson/patches/013-environment.patch

Since Alan sent this email, I have run into at least one component that
makes heavy use of meson's cpu_family().  If our meson included this
patch, I think it might help some components handle our multi-lib builds
better.

There's also a PR in meson's queue for rethinking meson's
host_machine/build_machine objects:

 	https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/issues/6361

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)