[oi-dev] More on USB failure to automount

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Thu Sep 2 19:43:53 UTC 2021

The workaround for USB automount that I discussed in my previous email, is still working.

You just have to make sure rmvolmgr is enabled, not just restarting it ...

For the service/hal and service/storage/removable-media packages:

# pkg list hal removable-media
NAME (PUBLISHER)                                  VERSION                    IFO
service/hal                                       0.5.11-2020.0.1.20664      i--
service/storage/removable-media                   0.5.11-2020.0.1.20664      i--

The problem was that rmvolmgr was disabled and restart does not enable it:

# svcs rmvolmgr
STATE          STIME    FMRI
disabled       19:57:43 svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr:default

# svcadm enable rmvolmgr

After explicitely enabling it restart works to automount :

# svcadm restart hal rmvolmgr
# svcs hal rmvolmgr
STATE          STIME    FMRI
online         21:40:33 svc:/system/hal:default
online         21:40:33 svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr:default
# eject -l
/dev/dsk/c4t1d0s2    cdrom,cdrom0,cd,cd0,sr,sr0
/dev/dsk/c5t0d0p0:1  rmdisk,rmdisk0,USBSLACK,/media/USBSLACK

Anyway on my system automount is working, although it's true that I shouldn't have to manually restart those services.

Regards,
David Stes