[oi-dev] virtualbox 6.1.26 ?

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sun Sep 12 10:05:52 UTC 2021

> As I have stated before: We need more people helping with OI Hipster. We
> lack contributions in almost every area:
> creating/updating packages, testing and documentation. Things don't
> happen magically. Efforts and engagement by volunteers is needed.
> The companies involved in illumos seem only be interested in its server
> use. So, the complex part of creating a desktop is up to the community...

This is true, I've already contributed docs under http://docs.openindiana.org/handbook/community/ for Smalltalk-80 and TexLive 2021.

But of course there's an enormeous amount of other work to be done ...

Also keeping the docs up to date is a lot of work, I just noticed that the TexLive docs still refer to TL 2020 not to the current TL 2021 ...  Same thing for Squeak / Smalltalk the docs should be updated as well.

Regards,
David Stes