[oi-dev] Status of OpenIndiana Wiki (Atlassian Confluence)

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Tue Sep 21 17:27:51 UTC 2021

I have created an oi-vagrantfiles project with oi-docs/Vagrantfile to setup with "vagrant up" a VM for the oi-docs.

The Vagrantfile is at https://sourceforge.net/projects/oi-vagrantfiles/

This is a project for any Vagrantfile for OpenIndiana (oi) that creates a VM that runs the openindiana box.

mdl from Sep 15 fixed the issues with it.  Works for me now.

However for mkdocs I have now:

$ pkg list -af | grep futures
library/python/futures                            3.2.0-2020.0.1.1           --o
library/python/futures-27                         3.2.0-2020.0.1.1           --o
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 786, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'futures' distribution was not found and is required by tornado

The futures package seems obsoleted:

$ pkg list -af | grep futures
library/pyth$ pkg list -af | grep futures
library/python/futures                            3.2.0-2020.0.1.1           --o
library/python/futures-27                         3.2.0-2020.0.1.1           --oon/futures                            3.2.0-2020.0.1.1           --o
library/python/futures-27                         3.2.0-2020.0.1.1           --o

"pip install futures" works for me and after the "pip install" mkdocs serve works.

David Stes