[oi-dev] questions about updating security/pinentry

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Mon Sep 27 05:28:20 UTC 2021

In regard to: Re: [oi-dev] questions about updating security/pinentry,...:

> On Sun, 26 Sept 2021 at 20:01, Tim Mooney via oi-dev
> <oi-dev at openindiana.org> wrote:
>> Finally, the security/pinentry uses symlinks to default /usr/bin/pinentry
>> to the pinentry-gtk2 backend.  Is there a convenient method with IPS to
>> make that selectable by the sysadmin installing the system?  Something
>> similar to how the system-default version of python or perl can be
>> changed.
>
> I think for this part you probably want to look at IPS Mediators:
>
>    https://man.omnios.org/man5/pkg.5#MEDIATIORS

Thanks Joshua, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I spent some time in the ips-dev-guide.pdf
(http://docs.openindiana.org/dev/pdf/ips-dev-guide.pdf) last night but
while facets, actuators, and variants are all described fairly close
together in the manual, mediators are described in a later section,
so I missed them.

Thanks,

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)