[oi-dev] /usr/libexec/dovecot/anvil crashes immediately

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Feb 12 07:24:09 UTC 2022

I don't know what the issue or problem with "dovecot" is,
but regarding Illumos/OpenIndiana epoll support, epoll(5) in OpenIndiana/Illumos seems to work.

For OpenSmalltalk I have in the component Makefile :

# epoll(5) seems to work, so use epoll instead of select(3c)
CONFIGURE_ENV    +=     ax_cv_have_epoll=yes
CONFIGURE_ENV    +=     ax_cv_have_epoll_pwait=yes

OpenSmalltalk offers (as far as I know) "signal driven nonblocking I/O" with either select or Linux epoll.

I reported to the OpenSmalltalk developers (especially to the author of the epoll code in OpenSmalltalk) that it seems to work fine on OpenIndiana.

Of course as indicated in the past, there are certainly major differences between Linux and Illumos.

For example on OpenIndiana I use "libmapmalloc" which provides a malloc() based on mmap(),
because OpenSmalltalk seems to have issues with older malloc() implementations.

David Stes