[oi-dev] meld and gmake REQUIRED_PACKAGES

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jan 4 17:24:55 UTC 2022

On 1/4/22 4:27 AM, Nona Hansel wrote:
> Such errors are always hard for me to understand. Isn't it weird that it's
> looking for .pyc files which aren't part of either manifests/sample-manifest.p5m
> nor meld.p5m? Everywhere I only have.py files.

The build system is being helpful and automatically adding the compiled
.pyc file for every .py file listed in the manifest:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/transforms/autopy
> When I check the build directory, I can see that the program installed into build/prototype/i386/usr/ not into build/prototype/i386/mangled like gmake is looking for. Is there a way to fix it?

It's doing the right thing - mangled is only for files mangled by the
userland-mangler build tool. The rest should be under build/prototype/i386
as you have (note that it's looking for usr/... as the path under there).

You might look at what the Solaris build of meld does - but it's still using
Python 3.7 (I think just because it was updated before there were 3.9 versions
of all the dependencies available in Solaris):

https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/blob/master/components/gnome/meld/Makefile

	-alan-