[oi-dev] TeX Live doc update

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Wed Jan 12 18:08:37 UTC 2022

I'm submitting a documentation update Pull Request (PR) for TeX Live.

http://docs.openindiana.org/handbook/community/texlive/

The change is:

-There are various options, if you have Perl Tk installed, you can also run the GUI :
+If you wish to use the TeX Live GUI, install the OpenIndiana Perl Tk package (the tk-perl IPS package is available on OpenIndiana release 2022 or higher) :
+
+```none
+        # pkg install -v tk-perl
+```
+
+Then run the TeX Live installer GUI as follows :

 ```none
         # install-tl --gui

The TeX Live distribution is a very complete distribution of the TeX professional typesetting software.

TeX is not only used for math, it is popular in advanced, programmable, typesetting, so it's great that TeX Live runs on OpenIndiana;  I'm sure that there's many advanced TeX programmers out there that like the TeX Live distribution.

The "pkg install -v tk-perl" step is a simple and useful step to install the necessary support for the TeX Live GUI.

Hopefully when TeX Live 2022 is released (which probably is about to happen in the following weeks) it'll work fine as well.

Regards,
David Stes