[oi-dev] problems publishing rust

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 20 20:07:33 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 09:21:58PM +0200, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:
> We already had another guy trying to build a newer rust failing with the
> same problem.
> He found out that this is a known problem and there should already be a
> fix (as far as I understood) but it hadn't been integrated in the release.
> It looks like the situation didn't change in the last weeks.

Who is the other guy?  That makes three of us.

I had the same problem.  The solution is to copy the files in the
Makefile, instead of using symlinks or hard links:

  # Workaround the symlink name length 100 problem, but hope it is not neccessary
  # but also with patch src_tools_rust-installer_src_generator.rs.patch
  COMPONENT_PRE_CONFIGURE_ACTION = $(CP) -r $(SOURCE_DIR)/* $(@D)/