[oi-dev] samba package needs a maintainer

Friedrich Kink friedrich.kink at fkink.de
Wed Mar 16 15:34:42 UTC 2022

Hi all,

the issue is solved now. The root cause was within the ncurses package
which depended on a pcre2 library. pcre2 package was recently updated to
a later version which increased the counter on .so version from 2 -> 3
which in turned led to a 'library not found' for libform.so (part of
ncurses package). A simple rebuild of the ncurses package solved the
problem. Currently I'm building the latest samba version 4.15.6 with
basically same feature set as before. I'm almost done but need to do
some more tests before creating a pull request.

Hope this helps and relaxes a little bit the pressure on this package.
Nevertheless I guess volunteers are always welcome ;-).

cheers,

   Fritz