[oi-dev] oi-dev Digest, Vol 141, Issue 7

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Sun May 29 16:14:30 UTC 2022

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 1:47 PM Klaus Elsbernd <Klaus.Elsbernd at posteo.de>
wrote:

> If someone is out there:
>
> since system/filesystem/usr:default "Completes a dependency cycle", the
> internet gave me the hint to look at /var/adm/messages
>
> I think, I've found the problem, but not the solution:

Just run:

 /usr/sbin/svccfg delete svc:/system/metainit:default

Easiest before the update, but if you've updated already just run that
and reboot to clear it.

The metainit service hasn't actually existed for years, but SMF still has a
record of it, and it's injecting false dependencies.

--
-Peter Tribble