[oi-dev] strange compiler error

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Fri Nov 4 21:03:08 UTC 2022

In regard to: Re: [oi-dev] strange compiler error, Friedrich Kink via...:

> hmm but I understand the manpage that -b is the linker switch and binary the
> input format key word,

No, look at the man page for ld(1).  -b does not take an argument.  On
a quick read, I'm not sure that it even means the same thing that '-b
binary' means to the GNU linker.

You're confusing GNU ld with ld that is descended from Solaris.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)