[oi-dev] Running gmake check in multiple directories

Nona Hansel nona.h at seznam.cz
Sun Nov 13 18:06:58 UTC 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to update texinfo and I have troubles running gmake test. Texinfo
has tests in multiple locations, in the build/ they can be found in:

amd64/info/t/

amd64/install-info/tests/

amd64/tp/tests/test-scripts/

amd64/tp/tests/many_input_files/

amd64/Pod-Simple-Texinfo/

amd64/texindex/tests/

amd64/util/tests/

When I run gmake check in every folder with tests, they run normally. Yet,
using just gmake test in texinfo/ directory, only tests in amd64/info/t/
run, others (from next directories) just don't run at all.

Using gmake test in the current version 6.8 all tests run correctly (plus
the structure of the source code is basically the same). It seems that only
in the updated version there is a problem with running all of them
automatically.

I didn't play with test related variables in Makefile (current state of work
can be seen here: https://github.com/balrog-nona/oi-userland/commit/e15da6f6
ae1de62578bfe09634bfa57a05df1d4d)

Can anybody give me the hint about where the problem might be?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Nona