[oi-dev] COMPONENT_TEST_TRANSFORMS for PARI

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Oct 8 14:03:23 UTC 2022

http://docs.openindiana.org/dev/userland/

The documentation is rather limited regarding to "gmake test" and COMPONENT_TEST_TRANSFORMS.

For the PARI package I am trying to update the file

 test/results-all.master

For the PARI package the OI-userland Makefile is not using autoconf,
that is PARI / gp Configure is not autoconf configure generated.

It is a custom Configure script.

I believe if I recall correctly that initially I manually copy pasted output (or relevant output) of "gmake test",
which works by running "make test-all" for PARI (or by "make dobench" for a quick test).

I am not sure to begin with that the initial file was correctly generated.

Is there a way if there is no test/results-all.master to populate the file with correct or initial output, please ?

Now, I am trying to upgrade PARI to release 2.15 and I've been asked by the OpenIndiana maintainers to "check the tests",
so in this case it is a "test and compare", with the previous values of the test.

I've been looking a little bit into this, and version 2.15 of PARI defines additional tests (in test-all) compared to 2.13.4.

When comparing the results in  build/test/amd64/results-64.snapshot and the diff with the results-all.master,
there are new tests (defined at the PARI level).

A nuissance is that the results-64.snapshot also contains (or seems to contain) a lot of make output that is not transformed by the default COMPONENT_TEST_TRANSFORMS for my Makefile.

Because PARI/gp is using its own Configure do I have to define COMPONENT_TEST_TRANSFORMS to remove all compile/build output ??

I am not sure the documentation on oi-userland build is sufficient regarding to "gmake test".

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
David Stes