[oi-dev] SUnit and gmake test on OpenIndiana

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Oct 29 08:55:49 UTC 2022

I'm trying to add some modifications to my oi-userland component Makefile (for Squeak/Smalltalk) to run the SUnit tests.

What I did was add some interface so that :

    gmake build
    gmake install
    gmake test

in the component directory of OpenSmalltalk stack-spur runs the SUnit tests and saves the output in results-64.vm
which can be compared to results-64.master

However it is to me unclear when reading the oi-userland/make-rules/common.mk whether there exits a target

    gmake test-and-diff

or whether gmake test is supposed to run the COMPONENT_TEST_DIFF_CMD itself.

Also the configure.mk rules seem to automatically trigger a "gmake install" when running "gmake test" which would be useful.

Finally if/when adding tests for the components, are those tests automatically ran on the build server itself please ?

Thanks
David Stes