[oi-dev] FLAG-DAY: We started to obsolete python 2.7 and 3.5

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Fri Sep 30 14:34:35 UTC 2022

I sometimes submit documentation updates but I don't know the exact background or history of mkdocs on OpenIndiana.

See for the discussion on "what should happen with mkdocs":

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-docs/issues/226

There were several contributors who are in favor of using "pip install mkdocs",
instead of 'pkg install mkdocs' so that obsoleting 'mkdocs' is not a bad solution.

If the IPS package is added again, then I think based on the issue 226 it should remain mkdocs 1.0.4:

"So I think it is possible to stay / stick with mkdocs 1.0.4 and simply adapt / rebuild for a newer python version."

That is, there are apparently issues with upgrading mkdocs to a newer version at the documentation "Theme" level.

Regards,
David Stes