[oi-dev] FLAG-DAY: We started to obsolete python 2.7 and 3.5

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Fri Sep 30 18:44:00 UTC 2022

I think that the idea is to keep using "mkdocs 1.0.4' for the moment due to some Theme issue.

According to the website https://www.mkdocs.org/about/release-notes/  the current release is mkdocs 1.4.0 which is not tested/required for OpenIndiana documentation.

However the good news is that the release-notes state that mkdocs 1.0 supported python 3.7

It states "Officially support Python 3.7." for release 1.0

The version that is required is the one from 2018 :

https://www.mkdocs.org/about/release-notes/#version-104-2018-09-07

My understanding that this version is required could be wrong, but it is due to the discussion about Themes.

Also there was a PR (pull request) that was rejected in the past from somebody who tried to update mkdocs to version 1.2.3.

But I think that there is actually no reason to use Python 2.7 for mkdocs 1.0.4.

In fact the requirement for the "futures" package may be due to the fact that it can run on python 2.7 but requires the help from "futures" to do so ?

Regards
David Stes