[oi-dev] Scrambled text when using text installer on qemu-kvm

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Dec 9 12:36:24 UTC 2023

Hi!

I have been playing around with OpenIndiana inside qemu-kvm and I'm so
far very happy with what I am seeing.

However, I noticed that the text installer did not work properly inside
qemu-kvm since the text was not scrambled with some characters seemingly
using wrong encoding and also key code not working correctly.

I tried switching to a different terminal type but that did not help. I
eventually managed to install OpenIndiana without problems using the
grapical installer but I was wondering whether anyone else has seen these
issues with the text installer and whether these should be reported as
a bug.

Thanks,
Adrian

--