[oi-dev] perl and Symbol.3 manpage

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Feb 11 17:01:40 UTC 2023

I believe that the runtime/perl-534 and package runtime/perl-536 package a file

/usr/share/man/man3/Symbol.3

This can be verified with : pkg contents runtime/perl-534 | grep Symbol

Should this file be in man3 ?

There also exists a /usr/share/man/man3perl

But that directory seems to be empty for me.

I'm not sure what the OpenIndiana conventions are for putting files in man3/

Perhaps on older versions of OpenIndiana the file was only in usr/perl5/5.xx/man/man3/Symbol.3

where 5.xx is the release like 5.34 and 5.36  without linking or copying into /usr/share/man/man3 itself.

I'm asking because a different software is also trying to put a file Symbol.3 in /usr/share/man/man3,
and I've noticed that since  a while it complains about the Perl file in man3.

Regards,
David Stes