[oi-dev] pkg update failed during update from August 2022 to feruary 2023

Klaus Elsbernd Klaus.Elsbernd at posteo.de
Fri Feb 24 17:47:51 UTC 2023

Hello Marcel,

Am 24.02.2023 um 18:15 schrieb Marcel Telka:
> Do you have nvidia driver installed?
> If so, thenhttps://www.illumos.org/issues/15161  might help you.
>
> If not, then please share the output of 'pkg update -v' and
> 'pkg publisher' commands.
>
> Please note that 'image-update' is obsoleted and everybody should use
> 'update' instead.

Well, yes, I already removed the nvidia driver, because the Server
doesn't need graphic output. But that was not the problem. On another
host, this was the solution.

pkg publisher delivers:

root at serv-5300:/root# pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
openindiana.org              origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/
localhostoih   (disabled)   origin   online F
https://sfe.opencsw.org/localhostoih/

localhostoih is disabled, but there are some packages installed from
that publisher. I try to remove them now, because localhostoih seems not
to be updated recently (years ago?).

I looked at the provided URL. Will do a package refresh after the
current pkg update attempt.

Best regards

Klaus

"Sure, vi is user friendly. It's just particular about who it makes
friends with." ;-)
Unknown