[oi-dev] Gimp and G++10 issue

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Fri Jan 20 12:27:30 UTC 2023

The current Gimp can't load image files format which support EXIF data.

eg the file-jpeg or file-png command crashs on current Gimp if it attempts to open a image file.

The crashing function is Exiv2::XmpProperties::nsInfoUnsafe

There is an old closed BUG

ttps://github.com/Exiv2/exiv2/pull/959

The bug is related the Error class in throwing an exception.

The simple test source shows our problem:

// file: jens.cpp
// https://github.com/Exiv2/exiv2/issues/644#issuecomment-452472029 /*
Linux:
$ c++ -std=c++98 jens.cpp -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lexiv2 -o jens
$ ./jens
Caught error No namespace info available for XMP prefix `gnome'
http://www.gnome.org/xmp/
$
*/ #include <exiv2/exiv2.hpp>
#include <iostream> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{ try { Exiv2::XmpProperties::ns("gnome"); } catch (Exiv2::Error &error) { std::cerr << "Caught error " << error.what() << "\n"; Exiv2::XmpProperties::registerNs("http://www.gnome.org/xmp", "gnome"); } std::cout << Exiv2::XmpProperties::ns("gnome") << std::endl;
}

If I test with exiv2

pkg://openindiana.org/image/library/exiv2@0.27.5-2020.0.1.0:20211030T093809Z

and compile the test source with g++ 7 it works:
 ./jens
Caught error No namespace info available for XMP prefix `gnome'
http://www.gnome.org/xmp/

and if I compile the test source with g++ 10 it crashes:

 ./jens
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Exiv2::BasicError<char>'
 what(): No namespace info available for XMP prefix `gnome'
Abort (core dumped)

Anyone how have an idea what the problem here?

--

<signatureafterquotedtext>Carsten</signatureafterquotedtext>