[oi-dev] libpulsecore error

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 9 03:59:43 UTC 2023

On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 01:47:25PM -0600, Tim Mooney via oi-dev wrote:

> I believe what the error message is saying is that your current theme is
> not supplying a value for max-recent-items, but the gschema says there
> should be one.

So, the cause could be a faulty theme.

I assume I'm using the default theme, whatever that is.  I certainly
have not changed any settings.

> You could try move that file aside and then regenerate it with
> glib-compile-schemas and see if you get an identical file.

Yes, the gsettings tool only reads the gschemas.compiled file, not
the original XML files.  I verified that with "truss".

> At one point I understood the theme support better, but it has been
> so long since I looked at it that I don't recall how it all works.  If
> you do figure out where the theme you're using is lacking settings, please
> do report back to the list.

I know nothing at all about themes.  Is there a way to find out which
theme I'm using?  It would have to be in a CLI session, since the
graphic login never completes.  Alternatively, is there a way to
disable mate-panel, as that application seems to be the one that fails
repeatedly?