[oi-dev] libpulsecore error

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Thu Mar 9 17:12:10 UTC 2023

On 08/03/2023 16:21, Till Wegmüller wrote:
> Hi Gary
>
> Sounds like an actuator did not run correctly:
>
> We have a couple SMF services that need to be restarted after updates
> one of the needs to be restarted after glib-2.0 files got updated.
>
> Check out the sources here for reference
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/transforms/actuators#L46-L79
>
> The FMRI I suspect has an issue is
> svc:/application/desktop-cache/gconf-cache:default and or
> svc:/application/desktop-cache/dconf-update:default
>
> The Patterns ins the Transforms is a standard python regex match of the
> file actions in the manifest. `pkg contents -m`
>
> You may also want to check if the package has the actuator set properly.
> pkg contents .m should output restart_fmri
> svc:/application/desktop-cache/gconf-cache:default as part of the file
> action.
>
> Greetings
> Till
>

> On 08.03.23 15:32, Gary Mills wrote:

>>>    <mills at b550:62>$ gsettings get org.mate.panel.menubar
>>> max-recent-items
>>>    No such key “max-recent-items”
>>
>> The problem seems to be that two keys are missing from the schema.  It
>> seems simple at first, but the XML files in
>> /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas do contain the apparently missing keys.
>>
>> There are other locations searched, though.  One is
>> /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled .  I have not figured
>> how examine that file.  It may well be correct.  There is also a
>> ".cache" directory in my home directory.  I suppose I can remove or
>> rename it, and it will be rebuilt.  I haven't tried that yet.

For my mate, this is set in
/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled
you can use
strings /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled | fgrep
max-recent-items
to find that and 'bvi' or any other hexeditor to examine the
value after that string (which is 10 in my case), which also
appears in 'gsettings get org.mate.panel.menubar max-recent-items'
here. There are other such databases in /etc/dconf/db/local and
.cache/dconf/user for dconf, but that don't have this key.