[oi-dev] libpulsecore error

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 9 17:16:48 UTC 2023

On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 01:47:25PM -0600, Tim Mooney via oi-dev wrote:
> That's generated by glib-compile-schemas(1).  From my understanding, it's
> basically just a binary cache of all of the XML schemas in that directory.
>
> The Gsettings classes in glib can read that binary blob.  I'm not sure if
> there's a "decompile" tool, but I kind of doubt it.
>
> You could try move that file aside and then regenerate it with
> glib-compile-schemas and see if you get an identical file.

Ah, I did that, and the gschemas.compiled file got larger by 1759
bytes.  The "gsettings get" commands worked.  That result looks
promising.

    <root at b550># gsettings get org.mate.panel.menubar max-recent-items
    10
    <root at b550># gsettings get org.mate.accessibility-keyboard capslock-beep-enable
    false

I've never seen that before on this system, only on other systems.