[oi-dev] libpulsecore error

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 10 15:15:54 UTC 2023

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 08:49:25AM +0100, Klaus Ziegler wrote:

> this is wired, because the patch:
> oi-userland/components/desktop/desktop-cache/patches/01-python.patch
> which Alan mentions in his mail has already been changed with PR: 10803
> on Feb 02 2023 to use python3.9, and my dev system (updated just now)
> shows this for the find_newer script:
> root at x4200:~# head -1 /usr/share/desktop-cache/find_newer
> #!/usr/bin/python3.9

Yes, it is 3.9 on my system that had the problem.  I reviewed the
python script on an older system where it was indeed 3.5 .  I assumed
they were the same.  That was my mistake.

Nevertheless, the hidden python error message was produced on that
system that had the problem.  The invocation of the find_newer script
would have returned with a non-zero return code, which is ignored by
the method script.  It also would have returned nothing on standard
output, which is also ignored.  I repeat the python3.9 error message
here:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/desktop-cache/find_newer", line 149, in <module>
        sys.exit(main())
      File "/usr/share/desktop-cache/find_newer", line 123, in main
        os.stat_float_times (True)
    AttributeError: module 'os' has no attribute 'stat_float_times'

The best solution is still to eliminate the use of find_newer
entirely.