[oi-dev] sqlite-3 mapfile needs API updates

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Fri Mar 10 22:18:04 UTC 2023

In regard to: Re: [oi-dev] sqlite-3 mapfile needs API updates, Peter...:

> For what it's worth, rather than try and continually chase the API changes,
> in
> Tribblix I recently dropped the mapfile entirely, and Solaris has done the
> same
> (the file is in the repo, but it's no longer used). I suggest you follow
> that path too.
>
> https://twitter.com/ptribble/status/1592625542435835905

Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy, Peter!  :-)

I'm fine going with either option and I'm willing to be the one to
dig through the SQLite changes doc at

 	https://www.sqlite.org/changes.html

and augment our mapfile with missing stuff, *if* that's what the consensus
is.  I think once we get "caught up", it wouldn't be too bad.

I'm also fine with following Peter's suggestion and just dropping the
mapfile.

If there's a consensus opinion on which way to go, I'll proceed with
whatever the decision is.

Tim