[oi-dev] LD_EXEC_OPTION and ASLR_MODE

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Thu Oct 5 09:51:41 UTC 2023

I do some attempts to update package Erlang.
The OI-userland build recipe contains

ASLR_MODE = $(ASLR_DISABLE)

ASLR_MODE has the value '-z aslr=disable'.
this setting lands in LD_EXEC_OPTION and the linked binary should have set in the dynamic section
DT_SUNW_ASLR (that the name mentioned in SECURITY-FLAGS(7))

But this is not the case. elfdump -d beam.jit shows no such variable. Adding
LDFLAG=-Wl,-z,aslr=disable
for linking beam.jit, I get in the setting the dynamic section
SUNW_ASLR 0

For me it looks like the setting in LD_EXEC_OPTION is ignored from the ld.

Do this works like intended?
--
Carsten