[oi-dev] current Mate / GUI slow

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Wed Feb 28 16:10:50 UTC 2024

On 28/02/2024 08:24, Stephan Althaus wrote:
> Hello all!!
>

> The last few days, and after the pkg update this morning,
> the GUI is slow, responsiveness is bad.
>

> In XOSVIEW i see 10k-20k IRQR which may be too hight (?)
>
> Where/how can i see which process is generating the most IRQRs?

I see it when I login as root, caja is constantly respawning,
about 100k syscalls/sec. Once called by hand from a terminal, the
respawn stops, caja is gone, and interrupts are normal again.

I haven't seen that as a normal user, caja in the background just
stays there with the same pid, no respawning, no excessive syscalls.

root login on a desktop seems to be a scenario that's no longer supported ...
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski  Inst.of Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
https://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php