[OpenIndiana-discuss] Rebranding Work

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 12:46:42 UTC 2010

On 30 Aug 2010, at 09:19, George Shepherd wrote:

> Alasdair..
>
> I'm back from France on Thursday so hope to be able to get some
> done.
>
> Really dumb question but which are the master hg repos which I'd
> need to clone to work with the current development branch ?

Hi George,

Not a dumb question at all, more of a dumb answer I'm afraid. At the moment we have:

http://pkgdev.openindiana.org/hg/

These are clones of the official OpenSolaris mercurial repositories, which are updated on a nightly basis. We then clone from these to get the latest (unmodified) source.

However at the moment we don't have a system in place for storing our changes, and I'm not sure what the best method of doing so is. I was hoping Chris Ridd would be able to help with this as he is our resident source control guru, but he's been away on holiday.

I've been producing patches and keeping them locally just to get stuff done, but we need a solution. I'm out of my area of expertise here - we need a slick solution where people can check out a tree, do work, and somehow get those changes stored for others to check out and work on them. Perhaps Git might be a better solution than mercurial for our development model? Not sure.

Advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Alasdair