[OpenIndiana-discuss] Rebranding Work

Cyril Plisko cyril.plisko at mountall.com
Mon Aug 30 14:32:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Alasdair Lumsden <alasdairrr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been producing patches and keeping them locally just to get stuff done, but we need a solution. I'm out of my area of expertise here - we need a slick solution where people can check out a tree, do work, and somehow get those changes stored for others to check out and work on them. Perhaps Git might be a better solution than mercurial for our development model? Not sure.

Git is probably better anyhow, but this specific issue can be easily
solved by mercurial queue (MQ), which is a repository of patches you
push on top of some other repository. It allows you to sanely manage
your changes while things are stabilizing and you want to be able to
mix and match your changes with a number of upstream revisions.

Git has similar capabilities.

--
Regards,
        Cyril