[OpenIndiana-discuss] about devlopment tools

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 12:41:50 UTC 2010

Just correcting this:

Example: Apostolos Syropoulos and CodeStrom ported and maintain GCC 4.5.1 for OpenIndiana/Solaris 11. Their ports are well tested and maintained.

GCC 4.5.1, NetBeans IDE, Sun Studio 12.2 are available.

GCC 4.5.1 was built for OpenIndiana/Solaris 11 and well tested. Oracle also
maintains their ports of GCC 3.4.3 and GCC 4.3.2 through the OpenSolaris community.

The other major packages are there for all of recent editions of the popular programming languages of today. Most development tools are available through indepenent third-party ISVs or Oracle.

Developers have a lot of tools at their disposal to create and port software to the Solaris OS platform...

~ Ken Mays