[OpenIndiana-discuss] Detecting erronous drives without TLER?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Sun Dec 5 16:48:15 UTC 2010

Hi all

I've just setup a new system with 11 x 7-drive RAIDz2 VDEVS. Running iozone to benchmark and test the system, it seems it's running horribly slow. iostat -xd shows one (or two) drives slowing down the bunch, and zfs-stats.sh (by Alasdair, grab it from http://karlsbakk.net/zfs-stats.sh ) shows two drives which behave somewhat non-optimal. One of them, c8t13d0, seems to be behaving rather badly, while the other, c4t17d0, has fewer errors, but still points in the direction of Something Being Wrong. See http://pastebin.com/ySmzBgMq for zpool status and zfs-stat.sh output.

Is there a way to reduce the number of errors before a drive is flagged as bad in the pool?

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å unngå eksessiv anvendelse av idiomer med fremmed opprinnelse. I de fleste tilfeller eksisterer adekvate og relevante synonymer på norsk.