[OpenIndiana-discuss] Suggestions for SATA HBAs

Chris Mosetick cmosetick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 23:58:41 UTC 2010

Recently, (about 2 months age) I had terribly experiences while testing a
PCI and PCI-X cards that both used sil3124 chipsets.  It seems that the
driver is in serious need of an update to work with these cards properly.
You can create pools and file systems, but don't try to move any data larger
than 1gig over to the pool, as the machine will kernel panic, and go into a
state of constant reboots until you remove the card and/or the disks
connected to it.

-Chris