[OpenIndiana-discuss] time-slider is snapshotting swap and dump after upgrading to oi_147

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Mon Dec 20 20:17:43 UTC 2010

* Jeremy Thornhill <jeremy.thornhill at gmail.com> [2010-12-20 20:02]:
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Jeremy Thornhill
> <jeremy.thornhill at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > FWIW I've created an issue for this http://www.illumos.org/issues/537
> > and if I find any useful info I'll post it there.
>
> To reply to myself - I believe I've identified a bug in the
> time-slider code and I've added what I think is happening to that
> ticket. I don't know whether time-slider has a maintainer, but
> hopefully I've provided enough information to fix the bug. It's
> possible that this has already been fixed upstream but I have no way
> to verify that at the moment.

Thanks for investigating this, time-slider is still developed in
the open by Oracle, see
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/jds/time-slider/
We currently ship the latest version so this has not been fixed
upstream.
So I figure in this case it would make sense to raise this issue
upstream with the information you already provided at the OI
tracker. If they do not fix it in a reasonable timeframe we'll
have to come up with a fix on our own.
Would you mind filing a bug at http://defect.opensolaris.org/ and
linking to it from the OI bug afterwards?
TIA,
--
Guido Berhoerster