[OpenIndiana-discuss] libfmevent problem with installing oi_147

Andrew Myers am2605 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 23:55:43 UTC 2010

Thanks to Apostolos for the suggestion of installing snv_134.  Maybe
there's more going on here than I realised, as this doesn't work for
me either.

The first message I see is a warning:

/pci at 0,0/pci1028,233 at 1a,2 (uhci2): Connecting device on port 2 failed

Then it says "Console login services cannot run".  It then goes to
system maintenance mode, and I can log in as root / jack, however I
don't know what to do after that :-).  I did note that some of the
commands I tried, such as "shutdown -r now" didn't work - not sure if
these are invalid commands or whether something still hasn't become
available that should be.

I'm happy to keep testing this if it's something that could be helpful
to others but if not then I might just have to play with open indiana
on my other machine instead...