[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana-discuss libfmevent problem with installing

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Tue Dec 21 12:11:57 UTC 2010

On 12/21/10 7:00 AM, openindiana-discuss-request at openindiana.org wrote:
> Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 22:58:13 +1100
> From: Andrew Myers<am2605 at gmail.com>
> To: "openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org"
> 	<openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>
> Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] libfmevent problem with installing
> 	oi_147
>
> I tried Albert's suggestion but got a message saying
>
> /usr/sbin/svcs: No such file or directory
>
> I think I might have to give up on this machine (the dell e6400) and just use the thinkpad instead?  I'd love to get to the bottom of it but I think I'm a bit out of my depth...

I didn't have any luck with my Thinkpad T61p with the new liveCD image
burned to a DVD.  It couldn't find my built-in keyboard or trackpad.
Connecting a USB mouse and keyboard got me further, but it hung later on
in the boot process.  When I upgraded to OpenIndiana via ips I had no
issues, so I guess I'll have to wait until the latest packages are
available.  I used the iso image to install in Virtualbox so it
shouldn't be corrupt.